Whether you are a first-time university student, a returning student or transferring from another institute, the UTB Admissions Office is here to help you succeed. Take a look at our programme offerings or request information from an Admissions representative today.
UTB has carefully designed its admission processes to accommodate the specific needs of students. Admissions at UTB is accessible and convenient.
UTB’s professional and well-trained admission officers is here to assist you in completing your enrolment process. In every step of the admission process, admission officers will extend their expertise to students and parents to ensure a smooth enrolment into UTB.
The applicant is carefully assisted throughout the enrolment process and fully acquainted with the different programme offerings of the university. Applicants are provided with the University brochures and curricular plans of their chosen programme.
- Completely filled-out admission application form
- Original Secondary School certificate or its equivalent together with an English translation of the transcript and/or an ‘A’ level certification
- Official Transcript of Records for bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, together with an English translation of the transcripts required. Rules and regulations of HEC-Bahrain regarding the authentication of foreign certificates and/or private school certificates are to be applied when necessary.
- Four (4) copies of recent passport-size photograph
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport and/or CPR or at least 2 valid ID cards
- Official receipt of the non-refundable application fee
- Student medical examination issued by a medical health centre endorsed by MOE
- Work certificate stating at least 1 year experience or 2 recommendation letters from work and previous university
A. Acceptance to the graduate programme as a new student depends on the following criteria:
- The Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 1.0 or 2.0 out of 4.0;
- For an applicant who has a baccalaureate degree in business programme that was delivered in English will proceed to core courses
- If applicant proceeds to core courses if he/she has CGPA from B to A+ and will be exempted to take OOPT.
- If applicant who has a CGPA from C+ to B- will take OOPT and should get a passing score of at least 75 to proceed to core courses but if failed, applicant will proceed to pre-MBA courses.
- If applicant has a CGPA of C-/C, applicant will take pre-MBA courses.
B. Applicant who is not a graduate of a baccalaureate degree in business or if a graduate of business degree but not delivered in English will take pre-MBA courses;
- The applicant should submit a certificate of at least one (1) year work experience or two recommendation letters from professors in undergraduate study in lieu of the work certificate;
- The applicant should pass the personal interview conducted by a committee;
- The applicant for letter b may also present a minimum score 550 in TOFEL or 6.5 in IELTS as an equivalent of OOPT.
C. Acceptance to the postgraduate programme as a transfer student depends on the following criteria.
- The University requires as a matter of policy that a transfer postgraduate student is required to complete at least 50% of the required credit units/hours of a programme of residence at the University.
- The maximum credit units/hours that are eligible for transfer credits should not exceed fifty percent (50%) of the required credits from the original degree from another university.
- Capstone (Thesis) course is not eligible for credit transfer; the transfer student must take this course during his/her residency at the University.
BHD 25.000 (non-refundable, payable one time)
BHD 50.000 (non-refundable, payable every term)
BHD 30.000 (non-refundable, payable per term)
BHD 90.125 per credit unit
BHD 750.000 (non-refundable and paid upon registration of the Thesis Course)
BHD 150.000 (non-refundable, payable one time)