Career Awareness emphasizes the initial preparation of students for employment which aims to build the foundation for future employees/entrepreneurs by providing them with vital information relative to their planned careers. The University provides adequate, relevant, and substantial information for students to cope with the dynamic employment scenario, thus producing knowledgeable graduates.
Career Awareness events spearheaded by the Placement, Linkages, and Alumni Office (PLAO) enable participants to make intelligent decisions to start their professional careers by:
- acquainting students/graduates with the current employment programs and projects provided by the Ministry of Labour;
- identifying the work, employability, and leadership skills necessary for their career development;
- gaining information on careers that match the labour market needs;
- seeking job and training prospects available in various companies.
- providing students with career exploration tools;
- enlightening students on their planned careers through the sharing of professional experiences of invited guest speakers; and
- providing them with specifics on M.A. and Ph.D. degrees within and outside the institution.
The event also initiates the creation of a CV Bank. Student CVs will be compiled to annually update the database for the PLAO.